2020 Ride Definitions
Trail / Easy off Trail – Skill Level, Novice to Intermediate
Off Trail – Skill Level, Intermediate to Advanced
Mountain – Skill Level, Expert
Trail / Easy Off Trail
These rides will accommodate riders with skill levels ranging from Novice to Intermediate. Rides will use the groomed trail system and stop at play areas like meadows & clear cuts for riders in the group that want to test their off trail skills and get some pointers. Rides will cover approximately 50 miles and will be typically done before dark.
Off Trail Rides
- Skill level required for these rides is Intermediate to Advanced. Groomed trails will be used to access mountain play areas.
- These rides are open to all Winter Knights members and their guests that have a desire to learn the basic skills needed to ride off trail.
- The only requirement for these rides are a modern long track mountain sled, a good shovel, GMRS 2-way radio and a sense of humor.
- These rides will also be used to evaluate riders wanting to move up to the Mountain Rides.
- Skill level required for these rides is Expert.
- Mountain Rides have been designed to build on skills learned in the Off Trail Rides. Advanced off trail skills are needed to participate in these rides. Rides will be a mix of groomed & ungroomed trails to access back country riding areas.
- Must attend one of the Off Trail Rides for skills evaluation.
- Portions of these rides will be in treed areas with somewhat technical and challenging terrain and modest side-hilling.
- There will plenty of chances for attempting steep climbs and descents.
- Avalanche Awareness Training will be a part of these rides.
- There will be plenty of opportunity to learn new skills.
296total visits,1visits today